April 27th, Friday:
- Country Soup (Fried Tofu, Daikon Radish, Carrot, Shiitake Mushroom, Konnyaku, Burdock)
- Dressed Minced Salmon with Jaco and Spinach (Salmon, Spinach, Chinese Cabbage, Dried Sardines)
- Chicken Katsu
Note: Those who are growing, especially thos who exercise a lot, easily have a shortage of blood and become anemic. Today’s spinach includes lots of iron, which a sufficiency in prevents anaemia.
April 26th, Thursday:
- Fox Udon (Udon Noodles, Wakame Seaweed, Daikon Radish, Green Onion, Plum Crouton, Chicken)
- Bean Curd Filled with Rice Cake
- Orange Jelly
Note: The plum blossom shaped ingredient in the soup is a food called “fu” made of wheat flour. Originally, it was invented by monks who did not eat meat.
April 25th, Wednesday:
- Pork Kimchi Bowl (Pork, Egg, Chinese Cabbage, Carrot, Green Onion)
- Miso Soup (Golden Oyster Mushroom, Trefoil)
- Shrimp Dumpling
Note: Shrimp has a red element called Asutakisanchin. When alive, it’s body has a different colour that matches other things, but when boiled it becomes red.
April 24th, Tuesday:
- Thin Egg Soup (Egg, Imitation Crab, Shiitake Mushrooms, Trefoil)
- Spaghetti with Meatsauce (Spaghetti, Pork, Onion, Green Beans)
- Oven-baked Chicken
- Butter Bread
Note: Trefoil, since it is a herb, has been used in various dishes such as soups and dressed dishes since ancient times. The scent has the effect of decressing stress and promoting one’s appetite.
April 23rd, Monday:
- Rice Dumpling Soup (Dumplings, Carrot, Chicken, Tsuto Surimi, Burdock, Chinese Cabbage, Green Onion)
- Simmered Shrimp and Mini Fried Tofu Mix (Fried Tofu, Shrimp, Edamame, Daikon Radish)
- Pumpkin Croquette
- Seaweed Rice
Note: The yellow colour of pumpkin, as well as of carrots, comes from beta carotene. This vegetable is full of vitamins like vitamin B1, B2, and C.
Tags: Burdock, Cabbage, Carrot, Chicken, DaikonRadish, Dumpling, Onion, Shrimp, Soybean, Surimi, Tofu
Leave a comment
April 20th, Friday:
- Curry Rice (Pork, Potato, Carrot, Onion)
- Mixed Fruit Jello (Jello, Pineapple, Mandarin Orange, Coconut Milk)
- Shaped Cheese
Notes: During the first term of school, it is easy to get conditions like stiff shoulders from being nervous. In that case, curry which includes lots of spicy ingredients is useful. Warming up the body from the inside, it heals the stiffness of the muscles.
April 19th, Thursday:
- Vegetable Miso Ramen (Ramen noodles, Pork, Bean Sprouts, Bamboo Shoots, Chinese Cabbage, Carrot, Onion)
Notes: Yogurt is a food femented from yeast and the lactic-acid bacilli of milk. Lactic-acid bacilli prevent constipation, and works to boost your immune system.
April 18th, Wednesday:
- Pumpkin Dumpling Soup (Pumpkin, Bean Curd, Tsuto Surimi, Burdock, Daikon Radish, Hijiki Seaweed, Satsuma-age, Carrot, Green Beans, Cut Konnyaku, Soy Beans)
- Simmered Soy Beans and Laver
- Miso Simmered Mackerel
Notes: Soy Beans include a good balance of protein that feeds your body. It’s a food that has full nutritional value with lots of vitamins and minerals. In America, they were called “Gold of the Earth”.
Tags: BeanCurd, Burdock, Carrot, DaikonRadish, GreenBean, Konnyaku, Pumpkin, Satsuma-age, Seaweed, Soybean, Surimi
Leave a comment
April 17th, Tuesday:
- Cream Corn Soup (Corn, Onion, Parsley)
- Tuna Daikon Salad (Tuna, Daikon Radish, Cucumber)
- Wiener Sausage
- Top Cut Bread
Notes: Daikon radish helps settle the stomach. The phrase “daikon doki no isha irazu (No doctor is needed when there are daikon)” comes from harvest time when everyone was healthy and the doctor was not needed.
April 16th, Monday:
- Miso Soup (Bean Curd, Tofu)
- Vegetable Ginger Stirfry (Pork, Onion, Cabbage, Carrot, Green Onion)
- Breaded Sweet Potato
Notes: Since sweet potatoes have lots of ingredients like starch, so it is very sweet. Also, since it as lots of dietary fiber that cleans out the stomach, it is great for preventing constipation.